Monday, October 18, 2010

punkins.

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, been busy doing lots of fun things - some I'll share now, some I'll share next time.

okay!

I took Thursday and Friday off work for a mini-vacay. Traveled with a few friends (new and old) to Detroit for a concert. We went to see Sufjan Stevens, a very exciting and wonderful musician.


This tour is described as, "Part awkward modern art installation and part captivating rock spectacle."


With inspiration from late artist, Royal Robertson, Stevens put on quite a show. I had a great time!

eats.

It's pumpkin time!

I love roasting small pie pumpkins for all my recipes. It takes some time, but I think the end result is way worth it. Plus you know all the ingredients.

Preheat oven to 400. The stem is very dry, be sure to cover with foil so you don't burn your house down:


Roast for 30 - 45 minutes, depending on size of pumpkin. When you can stick a knife easily into the skin, it's done.

Cut open, let cool:


Remove seedy-goop (roasted pumpkin seeds make a great snack), stick flesh into a food processor or mash with a fork and voila! pumpkin puree. Canned on the left, fresh roasted on the right:


You may keep the pumpkin in chunks and add to chili or my favorite, Mushroom and Pumpkin Risotto.

I actually made the risotto tonight. I used vegetable stock instead of chicken to keep it vegetarian/vegan.





If this doesn't say Fall, I don't know what does.

yumyum.

No comments:

Post a Comment