Monday, August 23, 2010

we are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong

I made it! Two weeks meat free! Wish I could tell you it was challenging and that I learned some secret to life, but neither of those things are true. Not eating meat was probably the easiest lifestyle change I've done. I never was challenged or wanted to give up - I only focused on things I could eat instead of the ones I couldn't.

My favorite dish I came up with was a pasta salad with cheese tortellini, yellow grape tomatoes, and roasted asparagus tossed in light italian dressing:


I feel like I'm onto something here, so I will continue my meatless adventure. I like challenging myself in the kitchen and when I go out to eat. More to come!


I had a pretty interesting weekend, met Pat Benatar Saturday!!


Yay!

Spent Saturday night in Toledo for my friend, Kelly's going away party. Super fun hanging out with everyone. Good luck, Kelly!

sunday = bumday

Did a whole lot of nothing Sunday. I needed a rest and relax day anyway. After driving back from Toledo, I parked it on the couch and watched a whole lot of movies.

Half marathon training is going well. Week 1 is complete! Here's what week 2 looks like:

Monday - Walk/Run 2 milesTuesday - Walk/Run 3 miles
Wednesday - X-train (cycling for 30 min)
Thursday - Walk/Run 2 miles
Friday - X-train (cycling & strength)
Saturday - Walk/Run 2 miles
Sunday - Walk/Run 3 miles

I found my race! Looks like it's going to be the Towpath Marathon in Peninsula, OH on 10/10/10! It is voted one of the countries most beautiful courses. I'm excited! Hope this motivation continues.

I am totally loving this cloudy, rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment