Tuesday, September 7, 2010

brownie cookies.

happy tuesday?
It's always hard to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend. sigh.

I am happy to report that I'm back to regularly scheduled half marathon training. After 4 (four?!) rest days for my poor knees (see previous post for details), I finally ran some much needed miles tonight. Thank you, Jay-sus!

I'm back to normal eating habits, too. I ate horrible the last couple days. Between cookouts and being lazy, food was not my friend this weekend. It happens, unfortunately, and my focus is back in line. Food is fuel after all.

good eats.

How about the weather this weekend? Ooh, how lovely it was. The cooler temperatures get me in the mood to bake. I love nothing more than spending an afternoon in the kitchen whipping up cookies and cakes. My roommate, Kevin, is one lucky fella.

I happily made some of my famous brownie cookies for a picnic yesterday. I always get requests for these, which is weird since they are disgustingly easy to make. These cookies are actually not horrible for you either (within reason), low fat and delish.

Ingredients:
a box of devil's food cake mix (any brand)
2 eggs
4 teaspoons milk
1/4 c. oil (I use canola)
powdered sugar to coat

Preheat oven 375. Mix cake mix, eggs, milk and oil in a bowl.


(I chill my dough for 30 minutes to an hour. You don't have to do this, but I find that the chilled dough doesn't absorb much powdered sugar when you coat the cookies)

Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.


Place on cookie sheets. I use parchment paper for everything.


Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-9 minutes. Take them out when you think they still have a minute or so to go. Totally acceptable to be semi-gooey inside : )
 

Easy, huh?

Try them out and tell me what you think.
Have a wonderful short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment