Tuesday, September 28, 2010

sushi and conflict.

I have been feeling on top of the world the last few days. This blog has already revealed a few great opportunities and rewards in its short run. I felt like I finally started to find my niche. Then it all came crashing down today.

You see, I don't talk about my food adventures with most face-to-face - especially those I work with. Today it came out, and today I felt more bullied than I ever have in my life.

"You're crazy."
"Why???"
"I could never do that."
"How are you even getting enough nutrition?"
"Do you never go out? You can't eat ANYTHING."
"You are not eating enough, how can you run?"

No wonder people fail. Apparently a person cannot change the way they live to better themselves, without being ridiculed and mocked.

I am angry. I am upset. I am disappointed. But I am NOT discouraged. Jealously will not discourage me. If anything, I will work even harder.

fact.
  • I've never felt better.
  • Skin is clearer, energy is high.
  • I am getting proper nutrients. Multivitamin along with extra calcium.
  • Although not the intended purpose - down 5 lbs. in one week.
  • There is plenty to eat when you go out. Choose wisely and ask for substitutions.
  • I no longer snack or eat out of boredom.
  • My temper is gone. My mom says I am much more pleasant, and I don't get aggravated like I used to. (Hmm, jumping to conclusions here - animal hormones make you a jerk)
  • Food cravings are non-existent.
  • Rarely tired.
  • On a meal-to-meal basis I don't need to eat as much as I used to.
  • And most importantly, I am more educated about food and nutrition.
Although I'm still agitated by the situation, I know I will move past and be stronger in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment