Monday, October 4, 2010

2 weeks down, 1 to go.

I've been trying some interesting food lately. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Here is a food recap of what I've been eating in the past week or so.

I got the urge to make a vegan dish that is normally not vegan or vegetarian. While at Whole Foods yesterday, I got curious about vegan cheese and decided to make pizza. Vegan cheese can be made out of a lot of weird things - soy, almond, rice. Since I'm trying not to eat tons of soy (bad for lady bits), I chose the soy-free rice cheese. Tastes about as good as it sounds. I also grabbed veggie pepperoni, which I've had before and actually like.


Make the regular pizza way...


...and the verdict is: gross. Not so terrible that I didn't eat it, but just bad enough for it not to be tasty. Make sense? Eh, experiments are fun and now I know.

more eats.

My newest obsession are rice bowls. Soooo yummy.


Brown rice, black beans, corn, and salsa.


Brown rice, black beans, sweet potato. I added salsa to the leftovers of this...oh em gee, so good.

Continuing my rice and bean cravings, I picked up an Amy's organic vegan burrito.


This was awesome. I highly recommend all of Amy's products (most of which are not vegan, just organic).

Finally made it to Johnny Mango's in Ohio City this weekend. Very cool place. Wish the Willoughby location was still around. I had a mushroom, tomato, garlic burrito with lettuce and avocado.


The burrito was very good. I want to describe it as clean. Not greasy or heavy, just fresh. Definitely will make my way back there.

Sorry this post is so sporadic, just wanted to share my latest food adventures.

in other news...

I am 2 weeks vegan today, and I am...bored. This has definitely been a challenge. A lot of people are down on my weird food/body experiments, but I am staying strong and will finish this next week out with my head held high. I still have a vegan dessert to conquer, and I know you will all be so excited to hear about it.

I have decided to live mostly vegetarian. I find my body and mind work so much better now and I like it.

It's amazing to me that I've changed the whole way I live because of this blog. I am extremely thankful for the events that lead me to this place.

I don't know if I've ever said it, but THANK YOU for reading my blog and supporting me : ) it means so much.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment