Tuesday, December 28, 2010

best of 2010.

It's that time of year again! Year end reviews and lists!


I don't know about you, but I was not too impressed with 2010. No extraordinary music or movies, no huge events in my personal life. The daily grind wasted this year away. I hope to change things up in 2011 - be more creative, take on more hobbies and activities, become a better runner. All good goals to aim for.


The Best of 2010
In my very opinionated fashion.

Albums
  1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
  2. Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
  3. Minus the Bear - OMNI
  4. Phantogram - Eyelid Movies
  5. Yeasayer - Odd Blood
  6. Broken Bells - Broken Bells
  7. Vampire Weekend - Contra
  8. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
  9. The National - High Violet
  10. Beach House - Zebra
Movies
  1. Toy Story 3
  2. Going the Distance
  3. Hot Tub Time Machine
  4. Temple Grandin
  5. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Books
  1. Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield (1997)
  2. Eight White Nights by Andre Aciman (2010)
  3. Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield (2010)
  4. Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson (2010)
  5. On the Road by Jack Kerouac (1957)
Live Performances
(Ended up all being bands, saw a couple musicals that made me continue to hate musicals)
  1. Local Natives (Beachland Ballroom)
  2. Phantogram (Musica - Akron)
  3. Minus the Bear (House of Blues)
  4. Sufjan Stevens (Royal Oak Music Theatre - Royal Oak, MI)
  5. Aloha (Grog Shop)
and finally, my 10 favorite moments/adventures/experiences of 2010...
  • Spending my birthday/New Years in Chicago. Visiting Frank Lloyd Wright homes and churches, drooling over my favorite architect.
  • Getting hooked on Mad Men. Looooove.
  • Visiting Whole Foods and farmers' markets. Learning all about food, nutrition, and cooking in a technical sense.
  • Spending evenings in the Metroparks biking or running.
  • Fun summer/fall weddings with friends.
  • Traipsing around the art museum at 2am during the Summer Solstice Party.
  • Running the Cleveland Turkey Trot. Overcame body/leg issues to finish the race strong.
  • Experiencing Cleveland and learning how great it really is.
  • Welcoming my new nephew into the world.
  • Having my dad's bum heart fixed. One of the scariest things I've been through, but extremely thankful and happy all is well again.

here's to a happy and healthy new year.

2 comments:

  1. yes! probably 2 of my favorite songs from 2010 are definitely ambling alp & sprawl ii. no contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i really have to listen to yeasayer now.

    ReplyDelete