Wednesday, January 5, 2011

twenty-seven.

I know I'm late but,
Happy New Year!

I had a wonderful new years weekend. New Years Eve was spent at Tremont Tap House...in Tremont:


Where I had a five course meal...


and a feather on my head!


I really need to sport that more often. Anyway, back to food!

First course: Mixed Greens Salad; First beer taster: Dogfish Head Immort Ale:


I normally don't like fruit IN things, but the salad was very good.

Second course: Roasted Squash Soup; Second beer: Midas Touch:


Soup was okay, too much warm spice for my taste. I have been very anxious to try Dogfish Head's Midas Touch, the recipe is the actual oldest-known fermented beverage in the world. Was discovered inside King Midas' tomb! How crazy is that? It was really good.

Third course: Crispy Sweet Tea Brined Pork Shoulder; Third beer: Sah'Tea:


HOLY PORK! Freakin' amazing.

Fourth course: Duck Confit Enchilada; Fourth beer: Theobroma: 


I've never had duck before and I don't know why - delicious! Buttery and sweet with some spice from julienned jalapeno. Perfection.

Fifth course: Berry Crisp; Fifth beer taster: Black and Blue:


Again, I do not care for any sorts of cooked fruit/berries. Me no likey (plus I was stuffed).

Then it struck midnight and I was overwhelmed with birthday wishes. Thank you, everyone!

I may have gotten the best birthday present ever...
surprise party!

Thanks friends! For all the lies and planning, I really appreciate it : ))

What's a party without Michael Jackson?


...and cake!


muah!

2 comments:

  1. what'd you think of midas touch??

    and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked midas touch. it's much lighter than what i normally order (bud light-ish), but it was not bad.

    and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete